The king of all exercises will make you stronger everywhere and torch fat better than just about anything else you can do in the gym.
That’s because squats target multiple large muscle groups-quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes. It’s great for beginners and for people who have knee issues. It basically mimics a functional movement that we do everyday like get up sit down.
Incorporate squats into your workout by doing 3 sets of 10.
Follow the instructions for proper form:
2. Contract the abs and keep them tight as you bend the knees and slowly squat towards the chair.
3. Keep the knees behind the toes as you sit down on the chair for a few seconds.
4. Contract the glutes and hamstrings to lift up out of the chair and begin extending the legs.
5. Fully extend the legs until you’re back to standing position.
6. Repeat this for 1-3 sets of 10-16 repetitions.
7. To progress, squat down until you’re just
hovering over the chair, but not sitting all the way down.
8. Always keep the knees in line with the toes!